Will be accepted until April 30, 2022
Video Fee: $40
To Submit a Video Audition:
Please provide an audition video that is 5-7 minutes in length. The simple and concise combinations outlined below will help us to accurately assess where you are in your training. Be sure to clearly state your name and age at the beginning of the video.
Please wear the following when recording your audition:
Ladies: black or other solid colored leotard, pink ballet tights, pink ballet slippers and pointe shoes. Hair should be secured in a proper ballet bun.
Gentlemen: white dance t-shirt, black ballet tights, and black ballet slippers.
Barre – camera view from the side or diagonal
- Grand plié in 2nd and 5th positions
- Tendu from 5th, en croix two in each direction
- Développé en avant, à la seconde and arabesque
- Grand battement en croix
Center – Pointe for ladies
Ladies and Gentlemen
Glissade, développé into effacé, glissade, développé into écarté devant (repeat left),
balancé right, left, tombé pas de bourrée to 4th, pirouette finishing sous-sous 5th position
Glissade, jeté, temps levé, assemblé, 3 brisés, royale
Jeté and assemblé with beats
- Échappés en croix (en face) and add passé/retiré
- Échappés en croix (effacé) and add passé/retiré
- Four entrechat quatré or four entrechat six
- Double tour
Video Submission Instructions
- Once you have recorded your video, please upload the video file to YouTube (make sure the video is marked as “Public” so we can view your audition).
- Please submit your video audition link in the space provided on your online registration form.
- Please note, we do not accept video auditions for direct admittance into our year round Trainee or OBII programs. If you are considered a strong candidate for either of these programs, you will receive an invitation to the OBS Summer Intensive to work with the School Director. During the summer intensive, Trainee/OBII candidates are selected and given offer letters for the 2022-23 season.
- Please allow 10 business days from the date of your audition submission to receive your results.