JOB TITLE: Senior Philanthropy Manager – Major Gifts
REPORTS TO: Director of Philanthropy
LOCATION: This is an onsite job placement at Harriett’s Orlando Ballet Centre, 600 N. Lake Formosa Drive, Orlando, FL 32803
POSITION DATE: May 2022
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, salaried, exempt
COMPENSATION: $60,000-$70,000, commensurate with proven fundraising success
BENEFITS: All standard in coordination with employee handbook policies
Basic Purpose and Objective of the Role:
In collaboration with the Director of Philanthropy, Executive Director, and Board of Directors, the Senior Philanthropy Manager – Major Gifts will work to increase individual, foundation, and corporate contributed revenue in support of capital projects, special projects, and annual operating support (when appropriate) in alignment with Orlando Ballet’s long-range plan.
Orlando Ballet is seeking a driven, self-motivated, solution-oriented, and highly organized individual with proven major gift fundraising success and ability, exceptional writing and interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail, and a commitment to supporting Orlando Ballet in its mission to entertain, educate and enrich through the highest quality of dance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Directly manage a personal portfolio of major individual, corporate, and foundation prospects (capacity of $10,000 + annually) to secure up to $2 million in philanthropic revenue to support capital and special projects within the 2022-23 and 2023-24 Seasons. Work in harmony with the Philanthropy team to balance annual fundraising targets and ensure existing relationships are honored in pursuit of revenue goals.
· Successfully engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward identified individual, corporate, and foundation major donors and prospects to meet defined targets.
· Proactively identify, qualify, and prioritize new individual, corporate, and foundation prospects through research, screening, and discovery meetings
· In close partnership with the Executive Director, Artistic Director, Director of Philanthropy, and volunteer leadership, oversee the development of strategy and presentation development for special projects to support defined fundraising targets, and lead strategy and conversations with major donors, foundations, and corporate sponsors, engaging leadership/volunteers wherever necessary
· Produce written proposals, make verbal presentations, fulfill appropriate recognition, and ensure that all contractual and reporting obligations are met based on donor’s personal interest or a sponsor’s business objectives
· Generate and oversee the management of major gift forecasting, providing detailed reports of revenue achieved as requested
· Work closely with the Philanthropy team to:
o Establish and maintain a moves management process and associated metrics
o Create and promote consistent donor messaging
o Identify new or existing prospects for all funding streams
o Ensure that all donor and sponsor benefits are fulfilled
o Ensure accurate tracking and reporting
o Identify and recruit volunteers and committee members to assist in supporting development initiatives
· All members of the Philanthropy team will oversee a prospect portfolio (levels and size of portfolios to be established)
· Serve on and participate in Orlando Ballet Board Committees as requested
· Support all aspects of the Philanthropy team as needed, including attendance of all Season performances, the Ballet Ball, the Nutcracker Boutique, and all fundraising and cultivation events
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in philanthropic studies or nonprofit management
· Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a nonprofit development environment
· Demonstrated and significant major gifts experience
· Personal passion for the arts, particularly dance
· Proven track record of ability to work independently, with great attention to detail and flexibility, in a fast-paced atmosphere under established time constraints
· Ability to write and speak compellingly and persuasively about Orlando Ballet
· Exceptional organizational, writing, customer service, and communications skills
· Experience with donor management and wealth screening software
· Proficiency with Facebook and LinkedIn
· Familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Advanced degree and/or CFRE credential
· Professional background in non-profit arts environment
· Proficiency with donor management and wealth screening software (particularly Tessitura and iWave)
· Proficiency with Instagram and Twitter
· Experience with digital communication platforms, specifically WordFly
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Orlando Ballet is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.