Orlando Ballet is hiring for the following positions:
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
LOCATION: Orlando, FL
POSITION DATE: November 2017
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, salaried, exempt
BENEFITS: All standard in coordination with employee handbook and school policies
Basic Purpose and Objective of the Role:
Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Development Manager will work to increase individual donor support of Orlando Ballet by managing the company’s donor database, individual giving program, annual fund, and special events. Orlando Ballet is seeking a driven, self-motivated highly organized individual with proven fundraising ability, strong writing and interpersonal skills, the ability to manage data, a desire for a career in development, and a commitment to supporting Orlando Ballet in its mission to entertain, educate and enrich through the highest quality of dance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with Development Coordinator, Sales & Marketing team, and other colleagues to create and promote consistent donor messaging
- Identify and cultivate individual donors from Orlando Ballet’s patron/subscriber pool and school family database
- Create, promote, and manage crowdfunding and peer to peer appeals on platforms such as Power2Give, Indiegogo, Facebook, etc.
- Execute direct appeal fundraising campaigns (including the United Arts Collaborative Campaign)
- Works with Director of Development and Development Coordinator to ensure all donor and sponsor benefits are fulfilled
- Work with Director of Development (and in some cases, with a contracted grant writer) to research, write, prepare, and submit assigned grant proposals. Ensure accurate tracking and reporting and maintain effective relations with funders.
- Work with Director of Development and volunteer leadership to develop and manage execution of Orlando Ballet’s fundraising and cultivation events
- Work with Director of Development to create and maintain long-range and immediate fundraising plans (including a tiered individual giving program) and appropriate financial and donor relations performance metrics
- Schedule and attend meetings with potential and existing donors with and without the Director of Development and/or Executive Director
- Identify and recruit volunteers and committee members to assist in implementing the development plans
- Manage event committees and affinity groups (i.e., Orlando Ballet Young Ambassadors) to ensure meaningful engagement for members
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a development environment with direct fundraising experience
- A proven track record of ability to work independently, with great attention to detail, in a high volume atmosphere under established time constraints
- Familiar with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Excellent organizational, writing, customer service, and communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, event management or marketing
- Professional background in nonprofit arts environment
- Experience with donor management software (particularly Tessitura and DonorPerfect)
Email your resume and cover letter for this position to [email protected]. Orlando Ballet is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
Orlando Ballet is excited to introduce a new Sales & Marketing Fellowship!
Responsibilities of this entry level Sales and Marketing Fellowship include day-to-day support in:
- Optimizing our social media presence and assisting us in pro-actively reaching out to underutilized communities and resources
- Creating new ideas, distribution and delivery of marketing materials
- Contributing new designs and ideas to the website redesign project
- Creating new signage, circulars, mock ups, email campaigns, on line promotions, etc.
- Day-to-day ticket office duties and learning how to manage a variety of customer service issues
- Develop and execute skills in digital marketing campaigns that generate leads from both paid and organic traffic.
- Analyze Orlando Ballet acquired data metrics to in support of the marketing strategy
- Other varied projects and duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for Orlando Ballet’s Fellowship enthusiastically supports diversity and equality in the arts and will bring their energy and strong work ethic to the position. Our Fellowship candidate will interact with all departments of the company to include artistic and management support staff, external Public Relations, Creative and Marketing agencies. This candidate must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. There will be recurring meetings and tasks to finish. The successful candidate will manage their time and work to obtain project completion with successful results all-the-while working with the combined efforts of paid staff and volunteers.
Fellow candidates will gain exposure or gain greater skill in several software programs and databases including: Microsoft Office, DonorPerfect, QuickBooks, Active, Constant Contact, and Tessitura to name a few.
The Orlando Ballet staff is committed to providing our candidate with training and an opportunity for greater skills acquirement. Clear development objectives outlined and mutually agreed upon at the beginning of the fellowship.
Benefits of the fellowship are one-on-one learning with Orlando Ballet staff, training in all ticket sales and database management, marketing and digital communications. A stipend of $2000 (per full semester commitment) paid evenly throughout the term of the fellowship.
Orlando Ballet, Inc. Fellowship
JOB TITLE: Sales and Marketing Fellowship
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Sales
REPORTS TO: Senior Sales and Marketing Manager
- Working towards BA/BFA/MFA in Business Management or Arts Management or a related field, in at least the third year of undergraduate study.
- Must act with responsibility and not divulge personal donor information.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple tasks and juggle several ongoing projects.
- Must work with many distinct personalities, handle difficult situations with sensitivity, professional demeanor and decorum.
- Customer service &/or retail with a focus on box office functions is strongly preferred.
- Candidate must also consent to a background check.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work productively under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Be a self-starter who can work independently
Approximately 20 hours per week, for a commitment of at least one semester.
Orlando Ballet, Inc.
3751 Maguire Blvd. Suite 111
Orlando, FL 32803
Email your resume and cover letter outlining your learning goals and objectives for this fellowship to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please include ideas on how you will help the Orlando Ballet reach new and diverse audiences during your possible tenure.
Pro-active steps that Orlando Ballet is taking to champion diversity include:
Diversity and equality are crucial to the arts because they sustain, refresh, replenish and release the true potential of our artistic talent – from every background. Orlando’s population’s diverse nature offers unique opportunities for artistic collaborations and a rich workforce.
Orlando Ballet has an established Hispanic Development Committee, Chaired by Lizette Valarino, that has been working to include the Hispanic Community at every level of our work. With the support of United Arts, Orlando Ballet put on a special free Orlando Ballet Social hosted by Proyecto Somos Orlando. Their clients, representing the Hispanic and LGBTQ communities, enjoyed a special performance and mingled with our Company Dancers and staff. Orlando Ballet also partnered with the Osceola Star to present a free Orlando Ballet Social for the Osceola Arts Community located in Kissimmee (Kissimmee has a population of 63,392 and 55% of the population speaks Spanish, compared to a Florida average of 20%, source: http://www.areavibes.com/kissimmee-fl/demographics/).
Orlando Ballet’s 2017/18 season’s finale includes a major new artistic collaboration between Orlando Ballet’s acclaimed Artistic Director, Robert Hill and the singer Sisaundra Lewis. Sisaundra Lewis is well known internationally, having risen to stardom and gaining global recognition after delivering show stopping, electrifying performances on NBC’s ‘The Voice!’ Lewis grew up in Lake Hamilton, Florida singing in her father’s church. She is of African American, Gullah and Nigerian descent. Orlando Ballet is planning an audience development marketing campaign during 2017/18 to promote this exciting new ballet, featuring Sisaundra Lewis, to Orlando and the wider Florida, African American communities.
Orlando Ballet’s mission is to entertain, educate and enrich the cultural growth throughout our community through the highest quality of dance. We can only achieve this if we make a commitment to promoting and embedding diversity which reflects the Central Florida population throughout our work and workforce.
Orlando Ballet strives to enrich the work we do by embracing a wide range of diverse influences and practices within our team. We believe this will help us address challenges and opportunities in audience development, public engagement, and leadership.
We are currently seeking interns in the following departments:
- Box Office
- School Administration
Preference will be given to college juniors and seniors and any Master’s degree candidates.
Students will assist Orlando Ballet’s administration team with several projects and be exposed to various aspects of the internal processes of a non-profit business. This is an unpaid internship.
Please mail resume and letter of interest to:
Orlando Ballet, Inc.
Attn: HR Dept.
3751 Maguire Blvd, Suite 111
Orlando, FL, 32803
You may also email your resume and letter of interest to: [email protected]
Company Auditions for the 2018-19 Season
Orlando Ballet is holding open auditions for classically trained dancers with performance experience who are interested in joining the professional company. Dancers are required to bring a headshot and resume to the audition. We do NOT accept DVD auditions or make alternate arrangements for absentee auditions. (See below for details)
Company Audition in NYC at ABT 890 Broadway, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10003
February 24, 2018
Company Audition in Orlando at Loch Haven Studios 610 N Lake Formosa Drive, Orlando, FL 32803
March 11, 2018
Pre-registration is highly encouraged, but not required. Online pre-registration closes the Wednesday prior to the audition. The audition fee is $30 for pre-registered dancers, or $40 on the day of the audition payable by cash or check.