5 EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENTS AT ORLANDO BALLET
- We are just 2 weeks away from opening night of The Premiere Collection at Harriett’s Orlando Ballet Centre! Witness three Orlando premieres by three notable choreographers that will mystify and engage the audience through movement and music. Plus, our very own pianist, Angelyn Traylor, will be playing live for “Lyric Pieces” by Jessica Lang. March 17-20 & 24-27 | Harriett’s Orlando Ballet Centre.
- This Sunday March 6th, is our R.I.S.E program showcase at 4pm at Harriett’s Orlando Ballet Centre! This program creates a partnership between OCPS High School & Middle School Dance Magnet Programs so that students learn and refine their classical ballet technique, hone their stage craft, and are provided additional performance opportunities. These offerings build on the academic foundation established by the OCPS dance magnets, raising the level of intellectual rigor while also addressing the social and emotional needs of the students as they pursue a career in dance and the performing arts.
- Orlando Ballet is hiring dancers for the 22/23 season! Our company audition will be held Sunday, 3/13 at Orlando Ballet’s home, Harriett’s Orlando Ballet Centre at 1:30pm.
- The United Arts Collaborative Campaign is still going on! Gifts received through United Arts of Central Florida are eligible to receive a 15% match when designated through Orlando Ballet until April 30, 2022. Orlando Ballet relies upon philanthropic gifts to support daring new productions, spectacular stage sets, dazzling costumes, collaborations with world class choreographers, live musical performances and all of the technical preparation that goes into keeping the Company center stage. Contributions also support training opportunities for the young artists of Orlando Ballet School, community enrichment programs, and year-round efforts to bring dance to the widest possible audiences.
- Tickets for The Great Gatsby are on sale! Get transported back to the Roaring Twenties through lavish cinematic sets, choreography by Jorden Morris and original score by Carl Davis. Experience the decadence of history’s most carefree decade as F. Scott Fitzgerald’s great American novel unfolds through dance.Live music performed to the original score of Carl Davis and conducted by Julian Pellicano, generously funded by Elizabeth Morse Genius Foundation.