Summer Intensive Resident Assistant
Reports To: Dorm Supervisor and Summer Intensive Coordinator
Location: Rollins College, Orlando, FL
Compensation: Resident Assistants receive full tuition and room and board in exchange for their work during the summer intensive.
Basic Purpose and Objective of the Role: Resident Assistants serve as peer leaders for their fellow students in residence at Orlando Ballet/Rollins College. While their primary responsibility is the safety and well-being of the student body, their primary focus is crafting an engaging and welcoming environment which considers and respects the needs of a diverse student population many of whom may be away from home for the first time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and maintain a safe, secure, and nurturing residential environment for all students.
- Work in conjunction with the Dorm Supervisor and Summer Intensive Coordinator to create and enforce rules and guidelines for Summer Intensive students.
- Adhere to all Orlando Ballet School and Rollins College policies and procedures.
- Establish a common understanding of OBS and Rollins College policies: Conduct an orientation session for all resident students; review all resident regulations and schedules; familiarize students with campus facilities.
- Reach out to the Dorm Supervisor with any disciplinary issues as necessary based on the behavioral guidelines put in place by OBS and Rollins College.
- Accompany students to all meals/events/recreation center during scheduled work time. No student under the age of 18 years old may remain unsupervised at any time.
- Establish a daily routine for the students in consultation with Dorm Supervisor and Summer Intensive Coordinator. Institute engaging, informal activities for the students during evening hours. Be reasonably accommodating to students’ activity requests, while exercising mature judgment.
- Communicate all problems that arise and cannot be handled by the Resident Assistant to the Dorm Supervisor and/or Summer Intensive Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Must have turned 18 by January 1, 2023.
- Must have auditioned and been accepted into either the 2, 3, or 5 Week Intensive.
- First Aid and CPR Certified preferred, but not required.