Trainees & OBII
Orlando Ballet Second Company (OBII)
Artistic director, Robert Hill, and School Director, Phillip Broomhead, select all OB II dancers through an audition process. They train and rehearse with the professional company on a regular basis and dance in both company and school performances.
OBII dancers also present new and classical works to underprivileged youth and senior citizens at free and affordable costs. OB II performs for over 50,000 individuals annually in local festivals, schools, nursing homes, and at Orlando’s premium theatres. It is an opportunity for young dancers to expand their resumes while still continuing intensive ballet study.
OBII is the top level of Orlando Ballet School and serves as the pre-professional bridge between the Trainee Program and the professional company. Currently, two-thirds of the professional company are graduates of the OBII program. Participants in the OBII program receive a full tuition scholarship which includes all of their training as well as a scholarship to support other training-related expenses. In addition to a rigorous training schedule, they have numerous performance opportunities in OBS productions as well as with the professional company.
The Trainee Program is the top level of Orlando Ballet School’s Academy program. This program includes a full-day training program for dancers with professional potential. Training includes approximately six hours of technical dance training daily, plus rehearsals. There are numerous performance opportunities with Orlando Ballet, Orlando Ballet Second Company, and Orlando Ballet School.
Dancers range from ages 16-21. During the school year we do not offer housing. Many students share apartments within walking distance of the studio. Dancers are chosen by Artistic Director, Robert Hill and are on full tuition scholarship.
Please contact Phillip Broomhead, OBS School Director, at [email protected] for more information.
- Black Leotard
- Body Wrappers TPK C45/A45 – Optional: Flesh-toned tights and matching ballet shoes
- Pink Leather or canvas ballet shoes
- Capezio EJ2 Caramel Jazz shoe
- Eurotard 13843 C/A Black Jazz pants- Optional
- Black Ballet Rosa Character skirt
- So Danca RO01 or Freed Black Character shoes low heel
- White fitted OBS shirt or all in one
- Black tights
- Leather belt to roll tights
- White nylon ankle socks with white ballet shoes
- Eurotard 13843 C/A Black Jazz pants
- Capezio EJ2 Black Jazz shoes
- Capezio Quilted dance belt