Tickets & Performances
I am pleased to announce the Orlando Ballet’s 2015/2016 season! Now that we’ve settled in to our new home, the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts in the Walt Disney Theater, a truly magical performance space, we invite you to join us and Experience Something New.
The athleticism and artistry of the dancers will make this upcoming season one of the most dynamic that Orlando audiences have ever seen.
Our 2015/2016 season includes:
- Giselle, a story of unrequited love, remorse and forgiveness. This classic of undying love will grace the stage of the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, October 30-November 1, 2015, with live musical accompaniment by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra.
- On February 5-7, 2016, a unique mixed bill will feature a world premiere work by Robert Hill,The Firebird, a fairy tale ballet set to the concert work by composer Igor Stravinsky and To Familiar Spaces in Dream, an original work by 2014 Bessie Award winner and Manchester Theatre Award nominee Jessica Lang.
- Don Quixote rides onto the stage March 18-20, 2016, staged by American Ballet Theatre ballet mistress Susan Jones, inspired by Marius Petipa and Alexander Gorsky.
- Orlando Ballet is proud to present the World Premiere of Arcadian Broad’s full production of Beauty & the Beast, the tale of the beauty inside, April 29-May 1, 2016. This will be the first collaboration between Orlando Ballet and Central Florida Community Arts.
- Finally, back by popular demand as an optional purchase with your subscription, is the holiday favorite The Nutcracker, which arrives with its Sugar Plum Fairy and Mother Ginger, and live musical accompaniment by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra at all performances on December 17-20.
My goal is to enrich all of our lives through ballet. We work hard to bring you a blend of cutting-edge and classical choreography from our home grown talents as well as invited choreographers and artists.
Join us and experience classic lines, modern perspective.