The Orlando Ballet School returned from a very successful appearance at the Youth American Grand Prix in Tampa, FL, a competition to identify promising young dance talent, with a handful of awards including recognition for Outstanding School among others.
“We are beyond excited for how the Orlando Ballet School performed at this prestigious competition,” said Orlando Ballet School Director Dierdre Miles Burger. “All the dancers worked extremely hard to prepare for this event and the awards they received were a testament to their dedication and talent.”
Youth American Grand Prix award winners from the Orlando Ballet School include:
- Outstanding School: shared with Next Generation at Patel Conservatory
- Outstanding Choreographer: Telmo Moreiro
- Youth Grand Prix: Bella Kirby (second consecutive year winning this category)
- 1st place in Junior Women Classical: Maggie Chadbourne
- 1st place Pas de Deux: Maggie Chadbourne and Boris Ceballos
- 3rd place Senior Men Classical: Matthew Cunningham
- 1st place Pre-Competitive: Shayna Mayes
- 2nd place Pre-Competitive: Natalia Chersia
- Top 12 placements in the classical and contemporary categories: Angelina Broad, Cara Berl, Chloe Misseldine, Daiana Alvarez, Phoenix Elmer, Sarah Pfeiffer, Boris Ceballos, Ethan Kimbrell,
A full listing of all 2016 award winners can be found on the Youth America Grand Prix website.
Orlando Ballet School dancers qualifying from the regional semi-finals will now move on to the Youth America Grand Prix New York Finals to be held April 22-29, 2016. During the finals more than 1,200 of the world’s most promising dancers receive in-depth mentoring and greater scholarship, professional and performance opportunities.