Orlando Ballet is excited to introduce a new Sales & Marketing Fellowship!
Responsibilities of this entry level Sales and Marketing Fellowship include day-to-day support in:
- Optimizing our social media presence and assisting us in pro-actively reaching out to underutilized communities and resources
- Creating new ideas, distribution and delivery of marketing materials
- Contributing new designs and ideas to the website redesign project
- Creating new signage, circulars, mock ups, email campaigns, on line promotions, etc.
- Day-to-day ticket office duties and learning how to manage a variety of customer service issues
- Develop and execute skills in digital marketing campaigns that generate leads from both paid and organic traffic.
- Analyze Orlando Ballet acquired data metrics to in support of the marketing strategy
- Other varied projects and duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for Orlando Ballet’s Fellowship enthusiastically supports diversity and equality in the arts and will bring their energy and strong work ethic to the position. Our Fellowship candidate will interact with all departments of the company to include artistic and management support staff, external Public Relations, Creative and Marketing agencies. This candidate must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. There will be recurring meetings and tasks to finish. The successful candidate will manage their time and work to obtain project completion with successful results all-the-while working with the combined efforts of paid staff and volunteers.
Fellow candidates will gain exposure or gain greater skill in several software programs and databases including: Microsoft Office, DonorPerfect, QuickBooks, Active, Constant Contact, and Tessitura to name a few.
The Orlando Ballet staff is committed to providing our candidate with training and an opportunity for greater skills acquirement. Clear development objectives outlined and mutually agreed upon at the beginning of the fellowship.
Benefits of the fellowship are one-on-one learning with Orlando Ballet staff, training in all ticket sales and database management, marketing and digital communications. A stipend of $2000 (per full semester commitment) paid evenly throughout the term of the fellowship.
Orlando Ballet, Inc. Fellowship
JOB TITLE: Sales and Marketing Fellowship
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Sales
REPORTS TO: Senior Sales and Marketing Manager
- Working towards BA/BFA/MFA in Business Management or Arts Management or a related field, in at least the third year of undergraduate study.
- Must act with responsibility and not divulge personal donor information.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple tasks and juggle several ongoing projects.
- Must work with many distinct personalities, handle difficult situations with sensitivity, professional demeanor and decorum.
- Customer service &/or retail with a focus on box office functions is strongly preferred.
- Candidate must also consent to a background check.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work productively under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Be a self-starter who can work independently
Approximately 20 hours per week, for a commitment of at least one semester.
Orlando Ballet, Inc.
3751 Maguire Blvd. Suite 111
Orlando, FL 32803
Email your resume and cover letter outlining your learning goals and objectives for this fellowship to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please include ideas on how you will help the Orlando Ballet reach new and diverse audiences during your possible tenure.
Pro-active steps that Orlando Ballet is taking to champion diversity include:
Diversity and equality are crucial to the arts because they sustain, refresh, replenish and release the true potential of our artistic talent – from every background. Orlando’s population’s diverse nature offers unique opportunities for artistic collaborations and a rich workforce.
Orlando Ballet has an established Hispanic Development Committee, Chaired by Lizette Valarino, that has been working to include the Hispanic Community at every level of our work. With the support of United Arts, Orlando Ballet put on a special free Orlando Ballet Social hosted by Proyecto Somos Orlando. Their clients, representing the Hispanic and LGBTQ communities, enjoyed a special performance and mingled with our Company Dancers and staff. Orlando Ballet also partnered with the Osceola Star to present a free Orlando Ballet Social for the Osceola Arts Community located in Kissimmee (Kissimmee has a population of 63,392 and 55% of the population speaks Spanish, compared to a Florida average of 20%, source: http://www.areavibes.com/kissimmee-fl/demographics/).
Orlando Ballet’s 2017/18 season’s finale includes a major new artistic collaboration between Orlando Ballet’s acclaimed Artistic Director, Robert Hill and the singer Sisaundra Lewis. Sisaundra Lewis is well known internationally, having risen to stardom and gaining global recognition after delivering show stopping, electrifying performances on NBC’s ‘The Voice!’ Lewis grew up in Lake Hamilton, Florida singing in her father’s church. She is of African American, Gullah and Nigerian descent. Orlando Ballet is planning an audience development marketing campaign during 2017/18 to promote this exciting new ballet, featuring Sisaundra Lewis, to Orlando and the wider Florida, African American communities.
Orlando Ballet’s mission is to entertain, educate and enrich the cultural growth throughout our community through the highest quality of dance. We can only achieve this if we make a commitment to promoting and embedding diversity which reflects the Central Florida population throughout our work and workforce.
Orlando Ballet strives to enrich the work we do by embracing a wide range of diverse influences and practices within our team. We believe this will help us address challenges and opportunities in audience development, public engagement, and leadership.