Best of BroadwayFebruary 25 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
One Night Only
Orlando Ballet presents Best of Broadway
Saturday, February 25, 2017
Show Time: 7 p.m.
Tickets: Starting at $29. Buy Tickets Here or call the Dr. Phillips Center Ticket Office at 844-513-2014
Orlando Ballet is excited to present Best of Broadway on Saturday, February 25, 2017 at the Walt Disney Theater in the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, followed by a glamorous gala dinner and party in the De Vos Family Room, raising funds to support Central Florida’s only professional ballet company. This show, which is open to the public with tickets starting from $29, will honor Harriett Lake, who is one of Orlando Ballet’s most passionate supporters and a generous philanthropist who for decades has donated to a wide range of causes in Central Florida. Everybody who attends Best of Broadway, whether buying a ticket for the show or attending the gala event will help secure the future of the Ballet. Sponsored gala tables for 10 to see the show, enjoy a pre-show champagne reception and dinner, dancing and a party after the show are $10,000. Single tickets for the show and gala are $1,000.
The Gala is sold out, but tickets to the performance are still available.
Best of Broadway is a celebration of Harriett’s passion for dance and musical theater. The show features the greatest hits from Broadway, personally picked by Harriett and choreographed by Orlando Ballet’s Robert Hill, and its dancers/choreographers Arcadian Broad, Telmo Moreira and Chiaki Yasukawa. The evening will be packed with dance numbers to some of the most popular songs from Singin’ in the Rain, Grease, Chicago, Cabaret, Fiddler on the Roof, Annie, Sweet Charity, Damn Yankees, On The Town, American in Paris, Jekyll and Hyde, West Side Story, Footloose, A Chorus Line and Harriett’s favorite musical Contact. Audiences will enjoy performances by Orlando Ballet’s professional dancers and children from Orlando Ballet School.
The gala tickets include a pre-show champagne reception, best tickets for the show and after the performance a sumptuous dinner, dancing and a party in the De Vos Family Room upstairs at the Dr. Phillips Center of the Performing Arts. Guests will enter the reception on a glamorous pink carpet, Harriett’s favorite color, before taking their seats for an extraordinary evening of entertainment.
Sponsored tables for the gala are $10,000. Each table has ten seats and donors can either use all ten places for their guests, or Orlando Ballet can arrange to have two dancers join each table for added glamor, leaving donors with eight seats for them and their guests. Anyone buying a table will receive show tickets in the best orchestra center seats in the Walt Disney Theater, as well as receiving a complementary full-page advert in the program, and acknowledgement of their support around the theater and on-stage.
Dance numbers in Best of Broadway include:
- Willkommen (from Cabaret) choreographed by Robert Hill
- Sing, Sing, Sing; Beyond The Sea; and Do you want to dance? (from Contact) choreographed by Robert Hill
- Bottle/Wedding Dance (from Fiddler on the Roof) choreographed by Chiaki Yasukawa
- It’s a Hard Knock Life and Tomorrow (from Annie) choreographed by Chiaki Yasukawa
- Big Spender (from Sweet Charity) choreographed by Chiaki Yasukawa
- Whatever Lola Wants (from Damn Yankees) choreographed by Telmo Moreira
- Roxanne (from Moulin Rouge) choreographed by Telmo Moreira
- Cell Block Tango (from Chicago) choreographed by Telmo Moreira
- The Great Lover (from On the Town) choreographed by Telmo Moreira
- American in Paris (from American in Paris) choreographed by Arcadian Broad
- Singin’ in the Rain (from Singin’ in the Rain) choreographed by Robert Hill
- This is the Moment (from Jekyll/Hyde) choreographed by Arcadian Broad
- Cool; Mambo; Maria; America; I Feel Pretty; Somewhere (from West Side Story) choreographed by Robert Hill
- You’re the One that I Want and Greased Lightnin’ (from Grease) choreographed by Arcadian Broad
- Never (Angry Dance) and Final Dance Prom (from Footloose) choreographed by Arcadian Broad
- Sing, Sing, Sing (from Contact) choreographed by Robert Hill
- One (from A Chorus Line) choreographed by Robert Hill
Photography by Michael Cairns 2017Buy Tickets
25Best of Broadway
7 p.m. - Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
445 S Magnolia Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801
Learn about the venue, find your seats ahead of time, learn the best places to park and even buy your parking in advance.